Institute of Laser Engineering (ILE), Osaka University invites applications for a full-timefaculty position at the rank of Associate Professor, who can lead the development of high-energy-density science based on laser science. We are particularly interested in applicantswilling to promote research in astronomy, astrophysics, earth, and planetary sciences, utilizingpower lasers in Japan and foreign countries, with related communities as a Joint Usage/Collaborative Research Center. The successful candidate will be responsible for a partof the management of the Joint Usage/Collaborative Research Center. In addition, thesuccessful candidate will supervise students as a faculty member of the cooperating course atthe Graduate School of Osaka University.
1. Position: Associate Professor
2. Number of Positions: One
3. Affiliation: Institute of Laser Engineering, High Energy Density Science Research Division
4. Specialized Field: Plasma science is required. In addition, Astronomy, Earth and Planetary Science, or Astrophysics.
5. Responsibilities: (1) Research on high energy density science using power lasers. (2) Promotion and contribution to the joint usage/research activities of ILE and management of the Joint Usage/Collaborative Research Center. (3) Collaboration with national and international academic communities. (4) Collaboration and cooperation with the related Graduate School of Osaka University. (5) Teach courses, conduct practices, and offer research guidance on high energy density science at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Applicants must have:(1) Ph.D. or equivalent in related field; (2) Research experience using high-power laser; (3) English language ability sufficient to fulfill one's work duties.
Applicants with Japanese language proficiency for daily communication.
7. Application Documents:
Applications must be written in English or Japanese and include the following:
（1）A Curriculum Vitae
*Please use the university form for educational/research positions available at the following website. https://www.osaka-u.ac.jp/en/guide/employment/links
（2）A list of research achievements (original papers, review papers, books, patents, presentations at international conferences, list and outline of awards, prizes, obtained competitive funds, and licenses)
（3）Reprints of major three original papers, one print (photocopies acceptable) for each.
（4）An outline of research and education achievements, community activity, and other activities (within two A4 pages).
（5）A research and community collaboration plan and educational aspirations (within two A4 pages).
（6）Name, affiliation, contact information, relationship of two professional references who are willing to be contacted.
*Personal information in the application documents will only be used for the purpose of screening and hiring procedures and will not be disclosed to any third party.
8. Sending Address and Contact Information:
We recommend to send the application documents by postal service:
Attention: Ryosuke Kodama (Director/Professor)
Institute of Laser Engineering, Osaka University
2-6 Yamadaoka, Suita-city, Osaka 565 0871, JAPAN
*Write 'Application for Faculty Position: Associate Professor in ILE' on the envelope in red ink.
*Applications should be sent by registered mail or courier.
*Submitted application documents will not be returned.
If you have any difficulty in submitting by postal service, please submit by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Write “Application for faculty position: Associate Professor in ILE” in the subject line.
*All documents must be unified into one PDF file.
*Take sufficient attentions to prevent file garbling.
*Attach documents should be with full security countermeasures.
Contact Person: Professor FUJIOKA Shinsuke
9. Application Deadline: 15th January 2023 (Japan Standard Time)
If submit by postal service, it should be postmarked on or before the deadline.
Click here for more details: https://www.ile.osaka-u.ac.jp/eng/2022/11/08/application-deadline-15th-january-2023-associate-professor/index.html